Tuesday, September 28, 2010

{favorite things} My new sewing machine

My little Singer sewing machine has been giving me attitude.  It jams.  Constantly.  In the past year it's been in the shop.  TWICE.

At $89 a pop for a service call/cleaning, I could have already applied that towards a new machine.

A few months ago when picking up my machine at Bernina after being serviced, I was looking around at all of their shiny new machines.  There was a pink one that caught my eye.  For other reasons besides it being pink - one being it was one of the only machines in there under $500.  I played with it a little, and it ran smooth and quiet.  I took home a brochure and showed Justin.  I was thinking *maybe* Christmas - but seeing as we're still doing the Dave Ramsey I doubted it.

Insert me complaining about my stupid Singer jamming like crazy and dropping stitches as I'm trying to finish stuff up for this craft show.  (and no one wanting to pay for another $89 service fee)

Last night I was making dinner, waiting for Justin to get home from a quick errand with one of the kids.  I thought he was going to Best Buy.

He walks in the house and puts a box on the kitchen table, asking me didn't I hear UPS come?  So I say no and barely glance at the box...

Wait.

Did I see the words "Brother" on that box?

I look back to the table and just stare.

He didn't go to Best Buy.  He went to Bernina.  Real men go in sewing machine shops for their wives.

Now I have this little cutie:

I made two owls with her last night.  I'm in love.

No skipping stitches.  No jamming.  AND she came with a 1 year service contract - so if she does any of those things in the next year, she's fixed.  Free. 

If only I could skip the ladybug's dance class this morning to stay home and play with it...

2 comments:

  1. What a completely awesome husband you have! I would so like to learn to sew....is it hard to learn when you have NEVER done it?

    Congrats....I want to start seeing more pics of the stuff you are sewing, Missy....

    ReplyDelete

leave me comments - please, please... pretty please?