Thursday, September 30, 2010

Because I love you...

Please.  Listen to me.

In all of my diaper changing years I have only washed one diaper.  It was one of the ladybug's - and it didn't even fall apart.  After that I got really careful about watching what went into the washer.

I've never washed a pull up until today.

The Moo is basically potty trained.  At night we still put him in a Pull Up.  He sleeps in our bed 99.9% of the time and I prefer waking up dry.  His routine in the morning is to take his (usually) dry Pull Up off and stick it in the trash.

Yesterday we went to the zoo, and I decided to be lazy and put him in a Pull Up.  He's not tall enough to stand to go, and those bathrooms are nasty.  I was hoping he'd just take the opportunity to go in his Pull Up and I could change him if he had one on.

Quit judging me.  I am telling you - the bathrooms are nasty.  He still told me everytime he had to go, so it was a moot point. 

After his bath last night, I scooped up his clothes and threw them in a basket with a load I was going to wash.  Usually, there would be underwear in his pants.  This time there was a dry Pull Up - which means it added no weight to the pants - which means I didn't notice it.

Fast forward to me removing the load and finding little balls of gel EVERYWHERE.  I don't know how all of that fit inside that Pull Up to begin with.  Holy crap.  I don't even know where to start to clean it up.  Which is why I'm sitting here avoiding it.  If I can save you from going through this same thing, please let me.

Never.  Ever.  Wash a Pull Up.

2 comments:

leave me comments - please, please... pretty please?