Tuesday, September 21, 2010

{etsy love} Zip it

I am desperately trying to get enough product ready for the craft show Chelsey and I are doing in THREE WEEKS.

OMGOSH.

I'm no where near ready. This is insanity.

Anyway - since zippers no longer scare me, I'm making lots of fun little clutches to sell. I have the one I made me in my purse, and I wound up ditching my wallet and just use it. I love it. I have another one that I'll throw in there sometimes to keep random things in place. So much easier than digging for stuff...

I wasn't sure how I was going to make a profit on those suckers, though. For example - I was using zippers from Hobby Lobby at about $1.50 a pop. Ouch. Then by the time I use the designer fabric on them... wow.

I saw that Noodlehead recommended Zip it, so last week I went to check it out on etsy. (PLEASE go look at the Noodlehead blog if you have a chance. She is so nice. I had emailed her some questions about the Gathered Clutch I had bought the pattern for, and she is so nice about answering!)

I probably won't buy zippers anywhere else ever again. They are like .40-.45 cents a piece - and I ordered them Friday and they came YESTERDAY. I already sewed with a few last night and they are great. Very soft. Great quality. I'm super happy. I wish I'd taken a picture of the envelope she sent them in, because it had the cutest tape I've ever seen on it. BIG THUMBS UP FOR ZIP IT.

So, there ya go. I think I'll start a running list of stores I like on the right at some point. It will help me, if nothing else! :)

Now I'm off to get a little princess ready for dance class!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. yes! so glad you ordered some, as you know I love zipit! happy zipper sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, where can I find your etsy stuff? Is there a link that I missed?

    ReplyDelete

leave me comments - please, please... pretty please?