Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Handmade is better.

Oh my word we're already almost through the 7th day of December.  ACK.

I had glorious plans to make all kinds of homemade gifts and so far I've made a big fat zero.

Well, technically I made one, but I couldn't stand waiting to give it to her.  I gave it to her at lunch last week...

I have ALL OF THESE IDEAS swarming through my head and when I get a free second to actually make one of them happen - I go blank.  I'm going to do a link dump.  Then I can come back here and (hopefully) work through my list... and if I don't, maybe you will get some inspiration out of it for yourself.

Ideas for my nieces
I need to go to Harbor Frieght and pick up a metal stamping alphabet so I can make my nieces (and my daughter. maybe my mom.  and mother in law) each one of these:
Washer Necklace

My cousin in Iraq
I need things that ship well for him.
These almonds look easy enough

MOM DONT READ THE RED TEXT.

Ideas for myself (heh.), my mom, my mother in law, my grandma
This clear ornament with a photo in it - I love it so much it hurts.
It would be so awesome to make one every year with the kid's yearly Christmas Card photo to watch them change!!
That same link also has an idea for a dry erase board using vinyl and a $3 plate.  Too.  CUTE. (link to buy the vinyl on etsy here) or if you hurry you can get it on groopdealz for 1/2 price... i ordered 2.

I've already made a few photo necklaces/magnets... I just need to finish them up.

Ideas for teachers
I have a photo clip tutorial I *should* do for you with one of these - lets see if it happens!  It's my mom's idea, and it's really CUTE.

monogrammed soap/hand sanitizer

fabric keychains

I'll keep updating this as I have time... hope you find something useful to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me comments - please, please... pretty please?