Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Amy's Creamy Wild Rice Crockpot Soup...

I wanted to try a recipe - and when I went to the bookmark it wouldn't pull up.  I searched the internet and found so many different versions of creamy wild rice soup that I decided to combine ingredients and try my own version.

I'm proud of how yummy it is.
The goods:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can chicken breast chunks, rinsed and drained
2 boxes rice-a-roni wild rice (including seasoning packets in the box)
2 cups chopped carrots
1 can evaporated milk

Mix everything but the evaporated milk in the crockpot.  Set on low and allow to cook for about 6 hours.  Stir in the evaporated milk, let warm another 30 or so minutes.  Serve and eat your face off.

If it winds up being not soupy enough for you after adding the evaporated milk, add a little more water to your desired consistancy.

1 comment:

  1. ok, could I leave the evaporated milk out of this and have it still be ok?

    ReplyDelete

leave me comments - please, please... pretty please?