Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cooking a whole chicken...


Cooking a whole chicken is a really unpleasant experience.

In our 11 years of marriage, I'm not sure I've ever cooked a whole chicken.  I only buy the tenders or the skinless boneless breasts that are fresh or frozen in the freezer section.

Raw meat of any kind grosses me OUT.  <--- I'm so whiny sometimes.

When there was a sale on whole chickens I bought two and threw them in the freezer - because I knew if nothing else I could throw it in the crockpot, and $3.00 for a chicken was really cheap.

Today was the day to throw one in the crockpot.  Because you  really can't mess something up in the crockpot unless you forget about it for a few days.

I hated every second of preparing it.  I didn't realize there was stuff I would have to pull out of it's insides.  I think it had four livers.  Justin told me to "grow up" - then said he was kidding, but I think he only pretended he was kidding because I gave him the death look.

I will not be able to eat it at dinner tonight, so I hope my family enjoys it.  I will now go back to buying my chicken already cleaned up, pulled apart, and liver-less.

2 comments:

leave me comments - please, please... pretty please?